We contracted Insights West in 2015 to do a Review of Perceptions and Opportunities for Improvement among First Nations, our stakeholders and the public.
The Review was conducted following direction from our Policy Committee, and paid for by BC Hydro so that none of our resources were directed away from funding fish and wildlife projects. It was designed, with input from each regional Board, to gather feedback on what is working well for the FWCP and to explore potential opportunities for improvement.
Seven hundred and seventy four people – stakeholders, First Nations, and public – took part through a mixture of online surveys and phone interviews. The summary report by Insights West was completed in 2016.
As a result of the outcomes of the Review, we are taking actions that include:
- sharing more information about project selection and budget allocation;
- improving access to information throughout our renewed website:
- increasing communications to key stakeholders and the public;
- improving the dissemination of results of projects funded by the FWCP; and
- expanding collaboration with existing and new partners.
Thank you to all who took the time to provide your feedback!