Peace Region Action Plans
Our Action Plans guide FWCP investments in fish and wildlife projects, and are referenced annually by our regional Boards to track progress toward implementation, set annual priorities, and guide decision-making in setting out and approving the Annual Operating Plan for each region. Actions in our Action Plans are eligible for FWCP funding and align with our vision, mission, and geographic scope.
Our Peace Region Action Plans were finalized in 2014, and have been used since then to guide more than $7.1 million in project funding toward more than 114 projects. Read our Strategic Project Review for more about our progress.
Introductory Information Session: Wednesday, April 8 at 10-11:30 a.m. (PAC)
This information session is one of six online discussions, hosted by the FWCP’s Peace Region, to seek input on draft updates to its action plans until May 1, 2020. See more dates and times below. Your input will be considered as the FWCP prepares final draft action plans for public input and review, before finalizing in summer 2020.
If you sent an RSVP to email@example.com, we’ll send you a copy of our slide deck by 2:00 p.m. Pacific time, on Tuesday, April 7. Our draft action tables are available for your review now. If you haven’t registered, it’s not too late. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we know you’re coming. If you don’t pre-register, no problem, you are still welcome to join the discussion.
Joining the online discussion
- Click the link below to Join the Microsoft Teams Meeting.
- When prompted, launch the app. If you already have the Teams App, click the “Open link” button. If you do not have the Teams App, click the “Get the Teams app” button and run or save the file.
- Please use your computer’s microphone and speakers for the audio. If you are unable to use your computer audio, please use the toll-free number below.
- If you do not have access to the internet for this discussion, dial the toll-free number below and join by phone only.
(833) 758-9657 Canada (Toll-free)
Conference ID: 325 008 299#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
If you already have the Teams App, click the “Open link” button. If you do not have the Teams App, click the “Get the Teams app” button and run or save the file.
Join the online discussions: action plan updates spring 2020
We are working now to update our 2014 ecosystem and species-based Action Plans by August 2020. Due to public health concerns related to COVID-19 Coronavirus we have cancelled community-based, in-person discussions planned for April 2020 in Mackenzie, Hudson’s Hope and Prince George. Instead we are offering more online options to share our ideas about draft actions and hear yours.
Join an online information session: We are offering introductory online information sessions to talk about our work, introduce you to our draft action tables and hear your ideas. All online information session times are pacific. Please RSVP to email@example.com to join an online info session.
Wednesday, April 8 Wednesday, April 22 Wednesday, April 29
10-11:30 a.m.. 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. 12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
Join an online technical workshop: We have scheduled three online technical workshops to talk in-depth about our draft actions. Please join our aquatic (e.g. rivers, lakes and reservoirs) or terrestrial discussions (e.g. upland, wetland and riparian areas). If you are interested in both ecosystem-types, join us to talk about all draft actions. Please attend as many of these sessions as you wish and share this information. All technical workshops are 1:30-3:30 pacific time. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to join an online technical workshop.
Tuesday, April 14 Wednesday, April 15 Thursday, April 16
Aquatic Draft Actions Terrestrial Draft Actions All Draft Actions
Use our online feedback form available until May 1, 2020.
Our current Action Plans include five ecosystem-based, and one species of interest Action Plan, plus an over-arching Basin plan. Read our 2014 Peace Region Action Plans.
Our FWCP Governance recommends Action Plans are updated every five years. Updates will:
- ensure the FWCP’s priority actions build on past projects, results, and recommendations for future work;
- help align our projects with relevant objectives of our program partners (i.e. Province of BC, First Nations, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, BC Hydro and Public Stakeholders)
- acknowledge and address emerging issues, and address ecological priorities, as appropriate for the FWCP; and
- confirm that FWCP-funded projects align with the FWCP vision and mission.
A review of past projects was completed in 2019 by Ecofish Research Ltd. The results of this strategic project review will be considered in 2019-2020 updates to our Action Plans. Ecofish Research Ltd. will provide technical support regarding updates to the Action Plans, with guidance and support from the Peace Region Board, First Nations Working Group, technical committees, and Regional Manager.